Clemson MTG Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the Magic the Gathering Players in the Upstate of South Carolina

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What to do with NPH?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thatboleggedguy

thatboleggedguy

What to do with NPH? Empty
PostSubject: What to do with NPH?   What to do with NPH? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:53 am

I went 1-3 drop in Charlotte with Big Green (Neely Green).

So, I sold the deck.

What do I sleeve up now?

Any suggestions (not a list so much but more than "Play Caw-blade")...
Back to top Go down
David S

PostSubject: Re: What to do with NPH?   What to do with NPH? EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:35 pm

For your style...mono-green poison :-p or possibly the Tempered Steel deck as both are highly aggressive decks.
Back to top Go down
thatboleggedguy

thatboleggedguy

PostSubject: Re: What to do with NPH?   What to do with NPH? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:14 pm

I was thinking about a Bloodchief Ascention + Mindcrank deck in a Tezzeret frame.
Back to top Go down
David S

PostSubject: Re: What to do with NPH?   What to do with NPH? EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:25 am

I can see that...kind of working. Unfortunately it's not that easy to get the stupid bloodchief ascension activated (when the card first came out I traded for a playset within 2 weeks hoping I could build some nasty combo deck out of it...but no luck). While it is a nice interaction and "game over I win combo's" are always sweet in type 2...they really only work when either 1) the deck is based heavily around the combo..which means that should someone disrupt it or remove it...you're boned 2) the combo is so inherently degenerate and the cards in the format naturally support it...i.e. the old Tolarian Academy decks (turn 1 wins in Type 2..ouch). I'll certainly let you borrow any pieces you need (I have 3 Tezz's I believe). Just going to have to wait until next week when my 2 boxes of NPH arrive.
Back to top Go down
thatboleggedguy

thatboleggedguy

PostSubject: Re: What to do with NPH?   What to do with NPH? EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:50 pm

This is the list I've been working on.

5 Swamp
4 Creeping Tar Pit
4 Island
4 Darkslick Shores
4 Drowned Catacomb

4 Bloodchief Ascension
4 Mindcrank
3 Contagion Clasp
4 Tezzeret's Gambit
4 Grim Affliction
4 Everflowing Chalice
4 Tumble Magnet
2 Contagion Engine
4 Preordain
4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
2 Liliana Vess

Sideboard
3 Doom Blade
2 Go for the Throat
3 Into the Roil
4 Mana Leak
3 Dismember

Let me know what you think.

Plus if you want to trade those Tezz, let me know.

Back to top Go down
David S

PostSubject: Re: What to do with NPH?   What to do with NPH? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:46 pm

This deck has 0 outs maindeck to the Splintertwin deck....that's a dangerous game to play..there's also a pretty solid U/G infect deck running around with Glistener Elf and the 2 drop 1/1 unblockable poison guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with NPH?   What to do with NPH? Empty

Back to top Go down

What to do with NPH?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clemson MTG Group :: Decks :: Standard Decks-
Jump to: